Friday, April 1, 2011

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood!!!

I think we ALL got a sunburn today :D This morning started out with helping a friend move. After that I came home and madly cleaned my house for about an hour before I had to start our therapy route.

The kids were all down playing at the neighborhood park, and I had told Jared that I would pick him up in about an hour. About 5 minutes before I was planning to leave, I got a phone call from Katie asking if Jared was with me. He wasn't. I left to go find him and luckily he was headed home. He said he knew it was about time for me to come get him, so he went and sat at the entrance to the part to wait for me. When I didn't come when he thought I should have, he started walking home. There really wasn't a problem with what he did, and honestly we're kinda used to it, but we have been working really hard on letting someone know where you are going. Even better yet, ... ask someone! That is a concept that he seems to have a really hard time grasping.

We had OT today. Since it was so nice, Michael suggested that we have OT at a couple of parks by his house. Jared LOVED it! Having OT right before counseling really works well for us. It makes Jared much calmer than normal and much more open to the suggestions made by Joel.

Nekolla had obviously talked to Joel about Jared running (scootering) out in front of the car the other day. That in combination with taking off today instead of waiting for me were topics covered today. They seem like somewhat little things, but when it happens all.the.time. and he is almost 8, it needs to stop. One of these days we aren't going to be as lucky as we have been. I worry that one of these days he will get hit, or won't make it home when he takes off.

After our session with Joel, we drove home and got Jared ready for baseball. He had practice tonight. He is really enjoying it. We still need to work on some of the rules. He doesn't understand how to work as a team. Once he gets the ball, he runs to tag out the player. He doesn't throw it to another teammate. It's almost like he thinks he is the only fielder. He also interferes with the runner quite often. He seems to think that if he can stall them until the ball can get to him, it is perfectly legal-LOL! He is doing really good at throwing and catching. That is something that Michael has worked with him on. He is on a coach pitch team. They have been using a Tee until now so that they boys could get used to the feeling of hitting the ball and running. Tonight they started pitching to them. Jared got hits every time he was up :D The thing we have to work on is that he throws the bat ... LOOK OUT!

blog siggie

No comments:

Post a Comment